Cookware Pots

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Seasoning of the cookware pot

Start by heating your oven to 350 degrees. Coat your cast iron pot with lard. Never use cooking sprays or vegetable oil. They will not season your pan correctly. Once you’ve coated it with lard put it in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove and pour out any excess lard. Now put it back in the oven for 2 hours.

Repeat the above process two to three times initially. This will ensure your pot is deeply seasoned. The first time you cook with your cast iron pot cook something greasy like bacon which helps strengthen the seasoning of the pot.

Over time your pot will loose its seasoning. When food begins to stick it’s time to season your pot again. While the pot is warm wash well, then repeat the same process you initially used to treat your cast iron pot.Cleaning your cast iron cookware is really quite easy. There are two simple things to remember never use steel wool and never use soap. Both of these will cause your seasoning to breakdown. Simply rinse with hot water and scrape any food that is stuck. Then either dry with paper towel or place in a warm oven to dry.


Cookware Pot Information Posted By: Blueshoots.com

4 Comments:

  • It's in fact very complicated in this active life to listen news on TV, so I only use world wide web for that reason, and take the newest information.
    Look at my blog facebook vcc

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:52 AM  

  • Today, I went to the beach front with my children.

    I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She
    placed the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a
    hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is completely
    off topic but I had to tell someone!
    Also see my website :: ricambi barche

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:11 PM  

  • Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back to your weblog?
    My blog is in the very same niche as yours and my visitors would really benefit from a lot of the information you provide here.
    Please let me know if this alright with you. Thanks!
    my website > simply click the following website page

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:44 PM  

  • It is appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it
    is time to be happy. I've read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or advice. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read even more things about it!

    Feel free to surf to my weblog: taobao agent

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home